Sunday, February 17, 2013

Long Time

I can't believe how long it's taken me to get back tot the computer.  Between my incredibly intense work schedule and never ending sick children, it has been nuts.  I really mean exhausting.  I actually had to take 5 days off exercising between work and sick kids.  There just wasn't a moment to get it done.  I had no seconds for myself at all.  There was always some sweet, sick kiddo needing his or her mom.  So, instead of exercising, I laid in my bed and watched Peter Pan over and over and over and over again.  At least it's a pretty cute movie!

I finally got two runs in the past two days.  Yesterday, I ran 4 miles.  Today, I ran 5.5 miles!  Go me!  I can't believe it's less than a week until the half marathon.  I think I've trained as well as possible considering my crazy life, so I anticipate having fun and a decent time.

My only real concern about the race is the weather.  Shocker I know.  It's February.  Yes, I know, February in central Florida, but February nonetheless.  Right now, weather.com says the high on race day is going to be 89!  I am so glad the race starts at 0530 in the morning.  Otherwise, that type of temperature may just do me in!

I plan on another run tomorrow before going to work!  I still can't believe we have less than a week until the race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment