Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Track Time With The Girls



This is how my day started.  Needless to say my sweet boy has the crud.  It's not the flu.  It's not strep.  It's not an ear infection.  It's just the crud causing him to wheeze and run high fever.  It stinks.  We snuggled today (and were up all night), so all my goals of getting a good workout in today vanished.  Oh well.  For any of my kids, I will always do what I need to do for them first.  

I finally made it to the high school track this evening.  Of all things, I had never been there before today.  The girls begged and begged to go run with me, so I broke down and took them.  I knew that had huge potential to once again ruin my attempt at a work out, but I gave it a shot anyway. 


 Both of my girls are good runners! I was actually impressed at how well they did.  Evie ran at least a half mile with me.  Then, she joined in for several shorter distances.  Maggie ran more than a quarter of a mile wit me.  Her asthma has been really bad lately, so she tired easier than her sister.  I'm super, duper impressed with how well she did considering how it's for her to breathe right now!  
They both wanted me to stop and play with them, so I would run one lap and then spend several minutes with them.  We even had to take a potty break right in the middle of everything!  So my watch may not show a good time, but it really is much better than how it appears.  I went. I did. I won.  That's the most important aspect.  I showed up and tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment