Monday, February 4, 2013

Mind Over Body



Oh it was so hard to force myself to do my much needed long run today.  It should have been done yesterday, but I was post call and slept until almost 5:30 in the evening.  Needless to say, sleep was more important yesterday.  Saturday, I only walked about 2 miles.  I was on call for 24 hours and am pretty stuck having to be close to the hospital for a patient who walks in ready to deliver.  I also hate sweating and needing another shower while on call.

So, today after dropping my kids off at school, I went home and forced myself to run.  For me the hardest part of running is getting out the front door.  Once I do that, I'm generally good to go.  The first 1.8 miles consisted of talking with my sister and stopping at Chick-fil-a to go to the bathroom.  Oh yeah.  I also had to wait 2 minutes and 18 seconds at a red light.  That is the reason my time is so slow for the first part.  Oh well.  It is what it is.

The rest of the run went really well.  I did get a cramp in my foot around mile 9, but it went away....sort of.  I'm thrilled it's done!  I knew if I didn't do it, I would be mad at myself this evening.  Then, my much needed long run would hang over my head all week.  No, I feel nothing but success!  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment