Tuesday, January 22, 2013

7 Mile Run



I feel pretty successful after this beach trip!  I'm trying really hard to remind myself since mom owns a beach house now, going there doesn't mean I can blow my diet!  That's a really hard one for me.  I'm used to going to the beach, telling myself this is special, and blowing my diet the entire time I'm there.  No more.  Yes, A splurge every once and a while is okay, but not hourly!  
Aren't they cute?  And aren't you jealous?!?!?

I didn't end up doing my seven mile run on Sunday.  I have to keep telling myself the morning is the best time to run.  Well Sunday, I waited...and waited...and waited.  I finally went for a quick 2 mile walk and run in the  dark.  I did it though!  I had planned to just walk two miles, but after a 17.5 minute walk, I decided to run the mile back to the house.  In the end, I didn't do too badly!

My night time walk/run time.


I set my mind to running my seven mile run the next morning, and I did it!  Running on an island is so wonderful!  It was flat, the views were gorgeous and I was able to see the ocean.  Seven miles is almost fun with those circumstances.  Running at home is so much harder because it's so hilly.  I at least feel like I'm keeping up with my goal of being able to complete this half marathon.  I can't wait for my next beach run!  It's can't come soon enough!
Half way through the run!

The completed seven miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment